Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Bodies of Msian Students Killed in Russia to Arrive Home Tomorrow

KUALA LUMPUR: The bodies of the two Malaysian students killed in a road crash in Russia two days ago are scheduled to arrive in the country on Thursday.
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) director-general Datuk Ibrahim Ahmad said preparations were being made by MARA director in Russia, Suhaimi Zainuldin, with the help of officers from the Public Service Department and the Malaysian embassy, to bring back the bodies.
Hanisah Muhd Shah, a MARA-sponsored student from Dungun, Terengganu, and Adzreen Binyati, a Public Service Department-sponsored student from Putrajaya, were travelling in a van with five other female university mates from the Moscow airport to Vladimirskaya when the accident occurred.
The students had just returned to Russia from Malaysia after the Aidilfitri break to start the new semester.
The van the students were travelling in collided head-on with another van.
Hanisah was killed on the spot while Adzreen died on the way to hospital. Both were fifth-year students at the Nishny Novgorod State Medical Academy.
The other students were getting treatment at a hospital in Vladimirskaya. They are Siti Nadiah Abdullah Sani, Nurul Amirah Mohd Nor, Nor Hidayah Jailuddin, Nur Liyana Kamarul Bahrin and Siti Romeza Abdul Raza.
Ibrahim conveyed his condolence to Hanisah and Adzreen's families on the death of the two students.
Meanwhile, in KUALA TERENGGANU, state MARA director, Abdullah Muhamad, said all expenses to bring back Hanisah's body would be borne by MARA.
Meanwhile, State Rural Development, Entrepreneur and Cooperatives Committee chairman Datuk Mohamed Awang Tera said the state government was also saddened by Hanisah's death and described her demise as a big loss to the state.
Hanisah's mother, Rokayah Mohd, 60, said she noticed that her daughter behaved strangely when she was home for the two months break before returning to Russia.
"She often slept with me and her father, which she never did, and also, always asked her father to cook crabs and cow's liver, which were never her favourite dish," she added.
She said Hanisah would also hugged her and Muhd Shah and repeatedly asked for their forgiveness.
"I dismissed all these premonitions, telling myself that it was because she had been away from us," she said when met by reporters at her house in Kampung Gong Pasir.
Rokayah said she sent Hanisah, the youngest of three siblings, to the KL International Airport on Sept 2 and then returned to Dungun.
"At about 10am yesterday (Monday), a few MARA officers came to the house to inform us that she was involved in an accident in Russia. I had expected something bad had happened to my daughter.
"Whenever there's news on the death of Malaysian students overseas, we will always think of her and wonder what if it is her, and this time it happened to our family," she added.-- Bernama

No comments:

Post a Comment